- Chapel Down Non-Vintage Reserve Brut Sparkling Wine (an English sparkling blend of primarily Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Pinot Blanc). Could be matched with Canapes.
- Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference Gruner Veltliner (Austria). With: Smoked Salmon
- Sainsbury’s Taste the Difference Baraberesco Nebbiolo (Italy). With: Turkey/Game
- Errazuriz Max Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon (Chile). With eg Roast Beef.
- Sainsbury's Special Reserve Port (Portugal). Match: Cheese (Strong Cheddar, Stilton)
- Sainsbury's 12 Year Old Sweet Pedro Ximenez (Spain). Match : Mince Pies, Christmas Pudding
Tasting notes: Nutfield Wine Tasting 071117.docx
The members very much appreciated the efforts Max had gone to in selecting these wines, and preparing the nibbles.
The wine-tasting was combined with the club’s AGM. For the next year, the club’s committee will include Val Large (Chair), Francis Dickinson (Secretary) and Maureen Hoskins (Treasurer).
Next month, we will be meeting on Tuesday 5th December for the Club’s Christmas Party. Village residents are encouraged to call me if they are interested in sampling a club event, or would like to learn more about the club.